/* Fix pegman size and visibility */


28 Aug


Posted by David Jones on Aug 28, 2015


If you live in Madera, Fresno, Kings or Tulare County, California and were arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), you probably have a lot going through your mind. One thing you've probably thought about is what would happen if you pled to or were convicted of DUI, but failed to pay your DUI court fines.

Not paying the DUI fines may be irresponsible, but sometimes people lose their job, because of the DUI, or they otherwise fall on hard times. You worry and you wonder:

  • Will there be a warrant for my arrest?
  • Can I do anything to fix this situation?
  • Will I go to jail?
  • If I show up for court, will they arrest me?

If you are ever in this situation, you should contact an experienced DUI attorney. An attorney can check to see if a warrant has been issued, and if so, may be able to recall the warrant without you having to show up to court.

The longer that you wait in such a situation, the worse it can get. If you're nervous about going to court and not walking out, you can contact a DUI lawyer to go to court on your behalf, especially if you don't want to go to jail.

When you're proactive and address the issue head-on, your chances of getting back on track are much greater than if you ignore the problem.

David Jones

David E. Jones is a Central Valley area DUI and criminal defense attorney who represents those accused of DUI and other crimes in both state and federal court. Mr. Jones has practiced criminal law throughout Fresno, Madera, Kings and Tulare counties since 1996. Mr. Jones was a Deputy District Attorney for Fresno County 12 years and has been an instructor for the Police Academy for over 10 years. He is an experienced and respected trial attorney.

Leave a Comment